TODAY, I AM THE REALIZATION of a finely shuffled deck. TODAY, I AM THE REALIZATION of limitlessness. TODAY, I AM THE REALIZATION of a laying of hands.
I AM BEING a gentle timer read in the cards. I AM BEING unapologetically kind. I AM BEING the journey and the destination.
I AM RELEASING the desire to sleep in. I AM RELEASING who i am not when i am with you. I AM RELEASING having to be anyone other than myself. I AM RELEASING false security, financial or otherwise. I AM RELEASING love contingent on proximity and border. I AM RELEASING you, chicago, as anything other than home. I AM RELEASING this chilling to the bone. I AM RELEASING the fence and field, the greening.
I AM CREATING attentiveness. I AM CREATING 101 days. I AM CREATING time to love and be loved in kind.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MY LIFE IS a perfect read. I LOVE the sobering mileage. I LOVE hitting my stride, falling into my own rhythm, hitting my mark. I LOVE the walk back to meet running friends, to finish again. I LOVE the night prior, all realtalk and hysterical laughter. I LOVE timely texts that settle the heart. I LOVE that i am surrounded by healers, amazing women of faith. I LOVE needing no clarifying questions. I LOVE the necessity of randomness. I LOVE finding these patterns that bring about change. I LOVE her command of language, her vulnerability to text, this working translation. I LOVE knowing that when it does happen, there will be great music to guide us.
I CELEBRATE AND NURTURE MY EXISTENCE as “never on schedule, but always on time.” bring on 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment